Senior Payload Analyst Systems Engineer (Level 5)
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. Were committed to fostering
an environment for every teammate thats welcoming, respectful and
inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find
your future with us.As a Senior Payload Analyst Systems Engineer
(Level 5), you will lead development and verification for
state-of-the-art satellite systems for commercial, civil and/or
national security programs. You will be part of a highly motivated
team that works with domestic or international customers on their
latest satellite systems. This is a 1st shift position located in
El Segundo, CA.Project assignments typically span the complete
program life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and
system definition, to system development and operations.Candidates
will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with
customers, suppliers, program management, subsystem engineers, and
senior technologists.Primary Responsibilities:
- Lead development and verification of payload systems.
- Lead development of models and simulations of space systems
including space, ground and user segments in support of
architecture trade studies.
- Lead development of software based analysis and simulation
tools using MATLAB and object-oriented software platforms.
- Perform waveform development and characterization.
- Mentoring and training of junior engineers.
- Team building and collaboration.This position requires an
active/current U.S. Security Clearance with successful completion
of a Tier 5 Investigation (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope
Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within
the last5years or enrollment in a Continuous Evaluation program
such that periodic updates are no longer required (A U.S. Security
Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered
active.) Active clearance is required pre-start.Basic
Qualifications (Required skills/experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study,
in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
- Ten (10) or more years of experience working with payload
systems analysis, modeling simulation, design and/or
- Five (5) or more years of experience working with digital
hardware design, test, and verification.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in engineering
- Five (5) or more years of experience working on aerospace
payload systems.Preferred Qualifications (Desired
- Experience with quickly identifying problems and
leading/directing technical team to resolution.
- Experience with payload systems development, including:
- Performance requirements decomposition and allocation.
- Performance analysis, modelling, and simulation.
- Algorithm development, and firmware/software
- Signal processing theory and concepts.
- Development of requirements verification approach, analysis,
and processing tools.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis as well as data analytics
techniques for large data sets.
- Experience using MATLAB.
- Experience with team building and collaboration.Typical
Education and Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience,
Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET
accreditation is the preferred, although not required,
accreditation standardRelocation:This position offers relocation
based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for
internal candidates.Referral Bonus:Eligible for 3ERPBoeing is a
Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are
subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines,
PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Vaccination Requirements:Boeing is implementing new requirements
for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an
approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in
several countries. for current vaccination and/or reasonable
accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.Equal
Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: Boeing, Arcadia , Senior Payload Analyst Systems Engineer (Level 5), Professions , Arcadia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!