Logistics Coordinator - Arcadia, WI
Company: Royal DSM
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active
in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM's purpose is to
create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and
solutions some of the world's biggest challenges while
simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value
for all its stakeholders - customers, employees, shareholders, and
society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human
nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical
devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and
connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net
sales of about ---10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees.
The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext
Amsterdam. - The Challenge
Responsible for the physical and administrative tasks involved in
the shipping, receiving, storing, and staging/distribution of raw
materials and finished product, as well as parts, supplies and
equipment in accordance with Key Performance measure, Current Good
Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs), safety / regulatory requirements, and operational goals.
Receives materials and stock transfers; prepares shipments by
palletizing, wrapping, labelling, etc.; ensures shipments include
required documentation; loads and unloads transport trucks;
schedules pick-up appointments and deliveries and stages in support
of the Arcadia Wisconsin Site.
- Performs day-to-day duties for shipping materials.
- Receives all raw materials to include unloading, staging and
material verification while following the proper SOP. -
- Ability to create withdrawal sheets for all materials entering
into the warehouses. -
- Receives all non-inventory items to include item verification
and distribution to the appropriate department or storage area
while using SORTLY when necessary. -
- Keeps warehouses, cage, pre-weigh clean, orderly and up to GMP
- Performs accurate and timely inventory counts for raw
materials, finished goods, and items in SORTLY, as needed and
supplies supporting documentation to the warehouse lead.
- Places work orders as needed in UpKeep. -
- Acts as backup and assists the Warehouse Team Lead as needed
for the following tasks:
- Process oil orders needed for production to get the material to
- Complete the purchasing chart for non-inventoried items
- Print out orders, labels and process all related paperwork
- Ship packages using Fed Ex ship manager proficiently
- Troubleshoot logistics/warehouse/inventory issues
- Perform SAP functions related to inventory (MMBE, MB51,
- Enter work notifications in SAP Remove
- Accesses and operates MSDS/SDS/COFA and CFC system
- Scans BOL to the logistics analyst
- Update site report
- Adjusts orders (due to scheduling or shipping changes) in a
timely manner. (REMOVE)
- Contacts help desk for IT services.
- Maintains the care of the warehouse forklift (daily checks,
- Maintains security of doors in shipping and receiving.
- Monitors and replenishes the staging area ensuring there are
enough raw materials staged for production to meet production
- Prepares raw materials for production by pre-weighing
ingredients, staging the material and completing pull sheets
following all SOP's.
- Maintains reject powder in the warehouse and the reject powder
- Operates machinery as needed to organize, prepare, transport,
load and unload materials to and from work areas.
- Performs internal transfers in SAP.
- Verifies documents provided by logistics are complete and
accurate (powder orders).
- Maintains and schedules recyclables.
- Completes all tasks assigned to assist in the operation and
profitability of the company.
- Complies with existing SOP's and assists with the creation of
new SOP's or revisions as necessary.
- Assists by working overtime as needed.
- Works to SHE standards and encourages fellow colleagues to work
to the same standards.
- Displays and promotes positive safety behaviour's at all times;
uses proper personal protective equipment, appropriate safety
tools, equipment and procedures to ensure that self and others go
home safe each day; that area and equipment operate at the highest
safety levels; that all people in the area comply with the safety
directives and keep the area neat and clean.
- Follows all SHE instructions and procedures to include
awareness of and following all DSM Life Saving Rules. Acts is such
a way that safety awareness and accident prevention are considered
in performing all tasks.
- Ensures that all personal safety, quality and assigned training
is up to date and in compliance.
- Supports and follows the policy of reporting incidents, near
misses and improvement possibilities.
- Encourages co-workers and management to improve SHE results and
- Ensures Quality procedures, Management Directives and Quality
improvement projects are supported and followed. -
- Reports any quality deviations or non-conformances
- Actively participates in and supports all DICI activities and
encourage others to do the same.
- Ensures own behavior is in accordance with the Arcadia Code of
- Requires ability to run, maneuver, navigate, or drive vehicles
or mechanized equipment, such as passenger trucks, forklifts, high
lifts, and wrapping machinery.
- Ability to work independently and can adapt to changing
- Requires good analytical, problem solving, and decision-making
skills to choose / suggest the best solution and to solve problems
individually or collectively.
- Requires good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to
perform and promote results in teams in a dynamic work
- Requires basic computer literacy and data entry skills with a
proficiency in SAP software, as well as applications such as Word,
Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- Requires multiple internal interfaces with other functions and
- Requires accuracy, a detail orientation, initiative to
MULTI-TASK with deadlines and a flexible can-do attitude.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills to provide
information to others by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in
- Requires handling hazardous materials (acids, bases, boiler
chemicals, etc.) that are received in the warehouse.
- Reading and comprehension of product labels, Safety Data Sheets
and emergency response instructions is required. The Ideal
- The level of education generally necessary to effectively
handle the job's essential functions is a high school diploma or
- Training completed for shipping UN3088 materials (self-heating,
solid, organics, N.O.S.) by ground (DOT), by air (IATA) and by
- The level of experience generally necessary to effectively
perform the job's responsibilities is 3+ years of related
- Previous material handling experience in a GMP
biotech/pharmaceutical/ food environment preferred.
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to
improve people's lives and solving the challenges of today's world.
Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment
allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that
the on-going success of the company depends on the continued
development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and
competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team
competencies and performance. Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply online via the career
portal (https://jobs.dsm.com/) Pre-employment screening procedures
are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be
contacted when further information is required.
- DSM NA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
DSM is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law. DSM in 3
minutes Do you know that DSM has the broadest portfolio of
nutritional ingredients - that millions of people already have our
biomaterials in their body - and that our innovations make
materials lighter, healthier, safer, stronger, more durable and
have a lower environmental footprint? This short 3 minute video
shares our portfolio in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable
Keywords: Royal DSM, Arcadia , Logistics Coordinator - Arcadia, WI, Professions , Arcadia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!