Portfolio Analyst Credit
Company: City National Bank
Posted on: March 21, 2020
PPORTFOLIO ANALYST CREDIT
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This position will design and generate monthly, quarterly and ad
hoc reports. Maintain a database reporting system to accommodate
the information needs. Anticipates short-term and long-term
information requirements and generates multiple reports to
accommodate current and anticipated needs. Access and interpret
data to produce analytical models for management as required.
Credit Administration Division
As a member of City National's Credit Administration group, you
will contribute to the company's success by upholding the bank's
strong credit culture, while facilitating growth and maintaining
the quality of City National's loan portfolio.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Prepare and generate internal and external reports.
- Develop and support the delivery of information to assist
tactical and strategic programs.
- Maintain database applications, reports/lists, statistics,
graphics, etc. to provide credit analytics.
- Develop quantitative methods to measure credit and financial
performance in the portfolios.
- Maintain and utilize system to gather and analyze credit and
- Analyze data and review for reasonableness a large volume of
monthly credit activity and financial data. Reconcile with general
- Establish an audit trail for research and internal control
- Coordinate and obtain access to data and identifies technical
resources for project support. Work with colleagues to define their
- Proactively troubleshoot for the best solution given the
strategic direction of the division.
- Prepare documentation of any project/activity assigned
- Recommend, update, or design new reports and useful tools to
- Maintain a current awareness and understanding of appropriate
banking laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to
comply fully with those laws, regulations, policies and
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEEDMust-Have*
- Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of 2 years experience in a
- Minimum 1 year experience in a credit environment
- Minimum 1 year experience in database reporting using Tableau
and SQLSkills and Knowledge
- Excellent process management and problem solving skills.
- Prior banking experience and some experience writing and
developing reports, and financial modeling.
- Working knowledge of PC computing environments, experience with
programming and database reporting tools.
- Advanced practical skills in Tableau, SQL, Excel, Access and
- Some knowledge of Python or R preferred.
- Good knowledge of accounting and financial analysis
- Strong analysis and reporting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one
we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients,
colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded
in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of
integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships
continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a
subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading
diversified financial services companies. Equal Opportunity
Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/DisabledPandoLogic.
Keywords: Investment Analyst, Location: Arcadia, CA - 91077
Keywords: City National Bank, Arcadia , Portfolio Analyst Credit, Professions , Arcadia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!