Posted on: November 24, 2022
Make a difference every single dayWhen the work you do every
single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every
effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture
of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai,
and it's just one of the many reasons we've achieved our
fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From
working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using
state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have everything you need to do
something incredible-for yourself, and for others. Join us, and
discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's
Best Hospitals!Nurses in our 24-bed Surgical, Trauma and Transplant
Intensive Care Unit (SICU) care for patients with the highest
severity of illness of all the patients in the hospital. We use
up-to-date technology and advanced bedside monitoring and
computerized documentation, and a team approach to patient centered
care with highly skilled multidisciplinary team members and
knowledgeable dedicated nursing staff. Our patient population
includes critically ill trauma and solid organ transplant
patients.As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the SICU you are responsible
and accountable for the application of the nursing process and the
delivery of patient care for the specialty patient population. You
- provide and accurately document direct and indirect patient
care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene,
and protection of patients in a timely manner
- provide patient education on disease prevention and restorative
- provide administration of medications and therapeutic agents
necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or
rehabilitative plan of care.
- perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the
initiation of peripheral venous access.
- observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to
medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical
condition to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics and
initiate emergency procedures when indicated.
- plan and implement individualized patient care based on
observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care
in accordance with standardized procedures while providing care to
special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural
- identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability to
follow directions/instructions and give consent while identifying
and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to age and
- demonstrate the knowledge and the ability to identify and make
special adjustments as required to the specific populations' needs,
including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication,
gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and
condition needs.This position is eligible for an Employee Referral
Bonus. See our website for details: - -
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher
- Current California State RN License required.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced
Cardiac Life Support certification.
- For RN III: Specialty Certification (external applicants may
obtain within one year of hire)Experience:
- Minimum 3 years recent acute RN experience in specialty. Note:
(minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience will be considered for
Registered Nurse II)
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrated dedication to customer service and ability to meet
the needs and expectations of patients and health care
Working Title:Registered Nurse - Surgical, Trauma, Transplant ICU -
5SCCT - 12-Hour Nights - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Department:5 SCCT SICU
Shift Length:12 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Arcadia , Registered Nurse , Other , Arcadia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!