Production Supervisor, 2nd Shift
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Posted on: October 11, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Supervisor, Operations, Machining is responsible for the
supervision of the day-to-day operations of 2nd shift by ensuring
that the assigned areas meet established KPIs. The Supervisor,
Operations, Machining provides direction to employees directly
engaged in shop-floor processes or operations. The Supervisor,
Operations, Machining will review production schedules, assigns
work, coordinates set-up and ensures that materials are available
to complete scheduled work
The Supervisor, Operations, Machining reports to the Director,
Operations, Orchid Arcadia and Santa Ana and is part of the
No Shift ($0) (United States of America)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provides direction to employees directly engaged in shop-floor
processes or operations. Ensures that the process/area maintains
operations by managing employee performance and absences.
- Ensures standard work is available and ensures standard work
activity is updated.
- Supervises work activities and resourcing for manufacturing
products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity
specifications under the guidance of the Manager of
- Ensure to stay informed/involved with complex problem solving;
May decide on actions to take.
- Establish or adjust work priorities to meet production
- Reports department metrics daily on Gemba walk; prepares report
for daily Gemba; participates in Gemba walks.
- Runs daily production meeting. Regularly conducts Team Lead
meetings and ensures Team Leads have information to successfully
perform their duties. Runs daily production meetings.
- Ensure that all team members adhere to standard work
- Consult with other team leads/managers regarding policies,
procedures, specifications, and customer & quality requirements as
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, worker
performance, quality and delivery of product.
- Administers annual employee reviews
- Coordinates and monitor work flow through the cell/department
to ensure that established task times are met; escalate issues that
need to be addressed by other departments
- Keeps manager informed of issues or matters of significance.
Escalates issues outside department to manager.
- Coordinates and monitors work flow to through cells/departments
to ensure established task times are met. Moves work and creates
production gaps as required for maintenance to complete repairs or
- Moves work and creates production gaps as required for
maintenance to be able to do repairs or PMs; tracks progress and
reports to leadership.
- Approves employee time cards daily and weekly, fixing any
mistakes as needed.
- Establishes and adjusts work priorities to meet production
schedules. Schedules employees.
- Approves absences requests to ensure operation can sustain
level of production needed. Maintain documentation and records to
comply with regulations and procedures.
- Manages production budget to adhere to overtime, labor, and
- Utilize knowledge of continuous improvement to improve plant
efficiency and productivity. Uses A3 process.
- Provide training and continuous development of operators
- Lead and develop team members following the One Orchid global
talent management approach to select, manage, and develop our best
team. Ensure the growth of our positive business culture through
behaviors that align with our core values and leadership
- Manages employee performance. Rewards high performers and
address underperforming employees. Writes and delivers performance
evaluations and development plans, utilizing feedback from Team
- Addresses employee issues, escalates and/or redirects as
needed. Involves and consults with Human Resources.
- Leads safety by complying with all safety procedures and
promoting the health and welfare of all team members.
- Ensure team members have the required knowledge and skills
prior to performing job duties independently, including conducting,
documenting and evaluating training effectiveness.
- Develops and implements procedures and ensures employee
- Consults with others: team leads/managers regarding policies,
procedures, specification, and other customer & quality
requirements, as needed.
- Enforces the 6S policy and overall cleanliness of the
- Leads safety by leading by example and complying with safe
practices and ensuring employee compliance with safe practices.
Manages non-compliance in a timely manner. Works with team leads to
adhere to safety policies and procedures and the safe operation of
all processes and equipment.
- Support quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global
processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS)
documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to
meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that
support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery
(OTD) and financial objectives.
- Any other duty, task, and responsibility assigned or
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
3+ Years of experience in a leadership role (Required), 3+ Years of
Experience in A Manufacturing Environment (Required)
Associates, , High School Or Equivalent Required, Bachelor
None - ---
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience),
Communication (Working Experience), Computer Knowledge (Working
Experience), Decision Making and Critical Thinking (Working
Experience), GD&T (Working Experience), Leadership (Working
Experience), Lean Manufacturing (Working Experience), Manufacturing
Equipment (Working Experience), Multi-axis Machining (Working
Experience), Problem Solving (Working Experience), Quality
Inspection Metrology Tools (Working Experience), Team Management
and Team Building (Working Experience), Training (Working
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Always required to wear safety glasses on the production floor
and utilize appropriate safety equipment
- Regularly required to walk, stand, bend, stretch, squat, stoop,
reach above shoulders, speak and hear
- Frequent and repetitive use of hands and fingers
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling of up to 30 lbs.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Corrected vision of no less than 20/20, preferred
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Arcadia , Production Supervisor, 2nd Shift, Other , Arcadia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!