Owns Regional IPA operations and P&L management for
~$200-400M revenue line of business.
Cultivates and establishes meaningful relationships with IPA
Negotiates provider, specialty and hospital contracts on behalf
of Optum and partners.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and
supervising the functions and activities of the IPA primary care
network(s) and specialty delivery networks at OptumCare. Directs a
team of managers and provider relation teammates to drive clinical
and financial outcomes, ensure enrollment growth and retention,
patient satisfaction, and superior provider/partner
• Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate OptumCare commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care and concern with each internal and external
• Partner with providers to drive differentiated clinical
results with coordinated provider communication, actionable
reports, and effective management process
• Develops and maintains service excellence with partner
providers through effective communication, coordination, and follow
• Creates and drives strategic growth projects within the
region and works collaboratively with other departments as needed
to execute those plans.
• Manages direct reports to ensure that they are meeting
performance expectations and provides leadership and direction to
them. Performs counseling as necessary.
• Implements and manages departmental budgets.
• Drive special projects to improve operations throughout
OptumCare CA network.
• Develops and implements plans to enhance regional
provider satisfaction and performance.
• Develops programs and coordinates with central clinical
teams to assure that outpatient and/or inpatient utilization is
directed in a way that minimizes cost and maximizes quality and
continuity of care
• Administers all IPA incentive plans including input on
plan design, producing plan documents, provider education and
• Facilitates provider and staff education including
community meetings, lunch and learns, provider office in-services,
and other targeted in-services as necessary.
• Work closely with the physician leadership of the IPA to
garner support for IPA initiatives and get their feedback as to
what initiatives will be most successful.
• Preferred: Master's Degree, MBA
• Minimum: Over 5 years and up to including 10 years of
management or finance or business development experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Computer savvy
• Strong technical skills with Microsoft applications
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of healthcare
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Interviewing and interpersonal skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire
organization around one giant objective; make health care work
better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family
of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most
advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its
fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance
teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll
find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular
opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated
medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical
practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass
a drug test before beginning employment.