Early Interventionist/ Infant Teacher
Company: Little Learners Developmental Services Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19*
We are hiring for an experienced in-home infant teacher/early
interventionist to work with children from 0-36 months with
developmental delays and disabilities.
The role of the infant teacher/early interventionist is to
enhance each familys ability to support their childs overall
development and learning. The interventionist focuses on the
individual needs of the child and incorporates the familys
priorities and interests to determine the goals and activities
necessary to assist the child in reaching his/her full potential in
physical development, cognitive development, language and speech
development, social-emotional development, and self-help.
- Provide developmental assessments
- Implement goals through an interactive and play-based approach
within the childs natural environment
- Provide parents with resources and activities to enhance
learning for both parent and child
- Create initial and progress reports in a timely and accurate
manner for each child to document the child's progress
- Review and explain all reports to the family to ensure
understanding of their child's current developmental abilities
- Prepare the child and family for transition from early
intervention services to potential preschool programs or other
support services that the child may need
- Maintain current industry knowledge in mandated training and
- Participate in assessment, planning, and evaluation
- Provide developmental screening assessments and referrals for
more in depth clinical assessments when appropriate, e.g, PT, OT,
Early interventionists must possess a Bachelor's Degree in child
development, education, or related field. Early interventionists
must also have prior experience in working with young children with
developmental delays and/or disabilities. Our service areas include
anywhere from Altadena to Pomona, so you must be willing to drive
to all covered areas. Infant First Aid and CPR certification, TB
clearance, and a clear background check are mandatory.
Bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese, or Mandarin preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $22.00 /hour
Keywords: Little Learners Developmental Services Inc., Arcadia , Early Interventionist/ Infant Teacher, Other , arcadia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!