Medical Receptionist, Lead
Posted on: April 30, 2021
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Responsible for greeting patients, answering phones, processing
a variety of paperwork, processing check-in/check-out, collecting
co-pays and payments, and performing other various front office
duties in a fast-paced, customer-oriented, clinical
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate Optum’s commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care and concern with each and every internal
and external customer.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of a Medical
- Assists supervisor/manager in scheduling staff, training,
problem-solving and troubleshooting.
- Provides ongoing communication between management and
- Handles patient complaints.
- Assists supervisor with data collection for monthly
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures for
- Assists supervisor/management with long-range planning
- Provides coverage for the Medical Receptionist as needed (i.e.,
breaks, meal periods, planned/unplanned absences).
- Cross-trains to work as receptionist in various areas (i.e.,
ICC, Medical Specialty, Surgical Specialties, Behavioral Health,
- Assists supervisor with bank deposits and reconciliation.
- Assists supervisor with provider schedules as needed.
- Assists supervisor/management in developing and implementing
plans to improve patient satisfaction.
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent. Includes
special certification required for specific jobs.
- Over 1 year and up to and including 3 years of experience.
- Previous experience working with the public.
- Previous medical reception, customer service and computer
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients
and members on site, as this is an essential function of this
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using an
Optum-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site
each day in, or Employees much comply with any state and local
masking orders. In addition, when in an Optum building, employees
are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing
cannot be attained.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Computer literate.
- Ability to type 30 wpm.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Good verbal, written and telephone skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Task-oriented and able to work in a fast paced
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Bilingual preferred.
Keywords: Optum, Arcadia , Medical Receptionist, Lead, Other , Arcadia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!