Pharmacy Technician/Pharmacy Business Analyst
Company: Acord (association For Cooperative Operations Rese
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Job Description What Operations Analytics contributes to
Cardinal Health The Analyst analyzes drug usage data to ensure 340B
program integrity and compliance. The individual will also evaluate
and enforce GPO contract compliance. The Analyst will work closely
with the buyer to maintain processes to minimize pharmaceutical
waste, respond to drug shortages and drug recalls in a timely
manner. Alerts the Director of Pharmacy of changes in buying
trends, including unusual use of drugs and use of new costly drugs.
This position reports to Director of Pharmacy. Cardinal Health
manages the pharmacy at USC Arcadia Hospital and we are currently
recruiting for a Pharmacy Business Analyst. Schedule would be
Monday-Friday, 8.5 hour shifts. A Pharmacy Technician license in
California and National Certification (PTCB) is required to work in
this position. Responsibilities:
- Perform buyer duties as necessary.
- Understands and maintains the standards set by the Drug Supply
Chain and Security Act (DSCSA).
- Assures all medication transfers are reconciled monthly and
- Coordinates the physical inventory and inventory
- Reviews monthly inventory builds and burns and reports to
- Conducts Purchasing Analysis - using P vs U Analysis.
- PPA preparation of financial section.
- Maintain the Departmental / Clinic Charging (IDB) and monthly
- Understands the 340B-Wholesaler Savings report and the
- Works within the standard operating procedures/policies and
procedures established for each area covered by 340B.
- Assists staff technicians when needed.
- Maintains knowledge and effectiveness in 340B split billing
- Maintains crosswalk between 340B split billing software and
Pharmacy Operating System.
- Maintains accurate records in compliance with 340B
- Participates in Quality and Safety Improvement plans.
- Manages Automated Dispensing Cabinet (ADC) (along with IT
Pharmacist when available)
- Assists DOP, IT RPh, and other leaders with ADC, CPOE, and
other technology reports and analysis
- Assists in tracking of drug waste, loss, and utilization, and
- Assists with Unit-Dose Packaging Technology
- Assists with charges built in CPOE and their update
- Assists in automation competencies
- Assists with other technologies in the department (along with
IT RPh when available)
- Assists in requests for login information for new hires
- Assists department with automation updates (hardware and/or
- Gathering data from automation reports, when requested
- Assists with monthly, quarterly, and yearly medications and/or
- Demonstrate compliance with Cardinal Health Support and
Education Programs, not limited to: o Controlled Substances
handling o Annual competencies o Medication Reconciliation
- Acquire new skills and adapt to new routines to support
- Maintains current industry knowledge and trends
- Other functions as defined/delegated by Director of Pharmacy
- 2-4 years experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Inpatient pharmacy experience preferred
- 340b programming experience preferred
- Registered pharmacy technician or registered pharmacist intern
with the California State Board of Pharmacy.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
- Able to carry, pull, push, reach, bend, stoop, walk and stand
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certification or
other nationally recognized pharmacy technician certifying agency
- ACPE or ASHP accredited course in compounding sterile
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and perform in in
high-pressure situations preferred
- A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodation is
required in order to be employed in this position. Covid-19
- 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine / 1 dose of the
Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- 1 booster dose of the vaccine (Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, or
- Anticipated salary range: $23.30-$33.20per hour
- Bonus eligible: No
- Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off,
Vacation, STD/LTD What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic concepts, principles, and technical capabilities
to perform routine tasks
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity
- Follows established procedures to resolve readily identifiable
- Works under direct supervision and receives detailed
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without
a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Cardinal
Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of
thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our
differences to create better solutions for our customers by
ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal
Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry,
age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status,
creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or
any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Acord (association For Cooperative Operations Rese, Arcadia , Pharmacy Technician/Pharmacy Business Analyst, Healthcare , Arcadia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...