Cardio Surgical Technologist
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Under direct supervision, acts as member of cardiac team;
completes all necessary arrangements before surgery; removes
instruments, equipment and supplies after surgery; maintains
equipment according to established procedures; assists with
orienting and training new employees and or students; assists with
emergency calls and coordinating transfer to operating rooms.
- Patient Procedures and Activities: Assist physician during
minor surgical procedures.
- Assist in obtaining tissue specimens.
- Assist physician in developing new techniques and
- Follow standard infection control procedures.
- Lift patients.
- Prepare and position patients for diagnostic test and medical
- Respond to emergencies (i.e., stat pages, Code Blue0 and stat
- Shave and apply antiseptic solutions to patient skin
- Assist in cardiovascular procedures.
- Assist physician with inpatient pacemaker procedures.
- Act as member of cardiac surgery team and other surgery team
(for example, pass instruments, cut sutures, and hold
- Assist in insertion/removal of intra-aortic balloon in cardiac
- Equipment and Instruments: Operate autoclave, drying oven or
- Assemble/disassemble equipment and instruments.
- Ensure equipment is available for procedures and
- Check emergency equipment.
- Prepare and process packs, supplies, equipment and
- Prepare procedure and exam rooms.
- Restock operating, procedure, cast and examination rooms.
- Select and set out appropriate tubing and sterile
- Set up instruments and surgical trays.
- Dismantle and clean operating room equipment.
- Maintain sterilized supplies, instruments and equipment for
- Remove and inventory equipment and supplies after surgical
- Clean and sterilize instrument, supplies and equipment.
- Inspect equipment and instruments for damage.
- Maintain equipment in good working order.
- Perform minor adjustments and or repairs on equipment.
- Dispose of used syringes and contaminated materials.
- Replenish supplies and equipment.
- Administrative and other: Orient and train new or less
- Serve as resource person to co-workers by answering procedural
questions and assisting in problem solving.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time
Pay Grade: 25
- One (1) year of operating room experience scrubbing within the
last two years required.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived.
License, Certification, Registration
- CPR required.
- Certification as a Surgical Technician is required but will
accept an individual who is scheduled to take the certification
exam (one opportunity given).
- Competency scrubbing for all types of surgical procedures.
- May be scheduled to work on weekends inline with CBA
- Standby/call coverage required in this department.
Job Category: Clinical Support, Surgical Technician
Keywords: Kaiser, Arcadia , Cardio Surgical Technologist, Healthcare , Arcadia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...