Staff RN - Critical Care Unit
Company: Methodist Hospital
Posted on: June 21, 2022
At Methodist Hospital of Southern California, every team member
of our 348-bed hospital strives to provide an exceptional patient
experience while exemplifying our shared values of iRAISE -
Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Safety and
Excellence. We achieve this through compassionate care, creating
lifelong relationships by changing the way health and healthcare
are delivered in our community.
We currently have Full-Time opportunity (Night shift) for a Staff
RN in the Critical Care department.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- One year of Critical care Nursing experience is preferred
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification required within 30 days of
- BLS and ACLS (American Heart Association)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable to the unit Manager and/or the Director of the
- Adherence to identified nursing standards of practice.
- Annually demonstrates competence in critical behaviors for
- Displays professional commitment and supports the unit team by
promoting unity and teamwork among coworkers by maintaining a
positive attitude and positive working relationships.
- IV competency in IV therapy.
- Must demonstrate competency in medication administration and
knowledge prior to administering medications.
- Responsible for the planning, directing, implementation, and
evaluation of each patient. The implementation of nursing care may
be delegated by the RN responsible for the patient to other
licensed nursing staff, or may be assigned to unlicensed staff,
subject to any limitations to their licensure, certification, level
of competency, and/or regulation. The RN will direct care provided
by the LVN, CNA, nursing student, and/or logistics technician.
- Responsible for understanding and participating in the
organization-wide Performance Improvement Program through
orientation, education, departmental and interdepartmental quality
control, performance improvement, and quality planning
- Demonstrates the IRAISE values in all professional and patient
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager / Director /
Clinical Lead RNAt Methodist Hospital, you'll enjoy an excellent
compensation and benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision,
Retirement Savings Plan with match, Life Insurance, Flexible
Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition
Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Free On-Site Parking, Child Care,
Employee Referral Bonus Program, etc.), including professional
development programs, and much more.
Living and Working in the San Gabriel Valley:
The City of Arcadia is located in the beautiful San Gabriel Valley,
which is one of the best places to live and work in California and
is just 15 miles north of downtown Los Angeles. The region offers a
multitude of diverse entertainment, shopping and exceptional
restaurant options. The San Gabriel Valley is less than an hour
away from sunny Southern California beaches, and less than two
hours away from local mountain resorts like Big Bear and Lake
Locally, Arcadia is a wonderful, thriving community featuring the
Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Gardens as well as the
Santa Anita Park racetrack, and is located next to the City of
Pasadena, which hosts the New Year's Day Rose Parade and Rose Bowl
game annually. The region boasts excellent public and private
schools and universities close by, including Cal Tech, USC, UCLA,
Cal State Northridge, Cal Poly Pomona, Azusa Pacific University and
the Claremont Colleges. Arcadia was recently named "Best Place to
Raise Your Kids" by Bloomberg Businessweek magazine and is the
perfect place to call home.
Keywords: Methodist Hospital, Arcadia , Staff RN - Critical Care Unit, Healthcare , Arcadia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!