Staff RN-Labor & Delivery Weekender
Company: Methodist Hospital
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Weekends Only; Special Higher Hourly Rate!!!
A clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who utilizes
the nursing process for assessment, planning, implementation, and
evaluation to provide safe, therapeutic care to patients. Services
provided are for all specialties and all ages. Functions as a
member of the interdisciplinary and nursing teams; carries out
established nursing procedures and performs nursing care for
patients with complex, multisystem needs. Demonstrates investment
in the overall forward movement of the unit and the organization.
Applies good interpersonal and communication process utilizing
verbal and non-verbal skills to achieve organizational service
goals of customer satisfaction and a positive work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable to the unit Manager and/or the Director of the
- Adherence to identified nursing standards of practice. Annually
demonstrates competence in critical behaviors for assigned area.
- Displays professional commitment and supports the unit team by
promoting unity and teamwork among coworkers by maintaining a
positive attitude and positive working relationships.
- IV competent.
- Knowledge of AW HONN/ACOG/AAP recommended standards of
care/practice. Must demonstrate competence in medication
administration and knowledge prior to administering medications.
- Responsible for the planning, supervision, implementation, and
evaluation of each patient. The implementation of nursing care may
be delegated by the RN responsible for the patient to other
licensed nursing staff, or may be assigned to unlicensed staff,
subject to any limitations to their licensure, certification, level
of competency, and/or regulation. The RN will supervise care
provided by the assistive personnel.
- Responsible for understanding and participating in the
organization-wide Performance Improvement Program through
orientation, education, departmental and interdepartmental quality
control, performance improvement, and quality planning activities.
- This position is required to work a weekly Friday, Saturday and
Sunday Schedule.JOB REQUIREMENTS
Education Minimum (Required) Associate's Degree in Nursing
Preferred (Not required) Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Work Experience Minimum (Required) New graduate
Preferred (Not required) RN experience in Labor & Delivery is
Licenses and Certifications Minimum (Required)
- Current RN license in the state of California
- Basic Life Support
Preferred (Not required)
- Must obtain fetal monitoring certification within 6 months of
- Must successfully complete and maintain ACLS certification
within 4 months of hire date or transfer date.
- Must successfully complete and maintain NRP (Neonatal
Resuscitation Program) certification within 4 months of hire.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities (SKA's)
Ability to read, write and speak English
Keywords: Methodist Hospital, Arcadia , Staff RN-Labor & Delivery Weekender, Healthcare , Arcadia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!