Staff RN, 4N Respiratory Telemetry, FT Night
Company: The Methodist Hospital of Southern California
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Job DescriptionJob Summary:A clinically competent, registered,
professional nurse who utilizes the nursing process for assessment,
planning, implementation, and evaluation to provide safe,
therapeutic care to patients. Services provided are for acutely ill
patients with medical / surgical diagnoses or maternal child health
which are the primary reasons for admission. Functions as a member
of the interdisciplinary and nursing teams; carries out established
nursing procedures and performs nursing care for patients with
complex, multisystem needs. Demonstrates investment in the overall
forward movement of the unit and the organization. Applies good
interpersonal and communication process utilizing verbal and
non-verbal skills to achieve organizational service goals of
customer satisfaction and a positive work environment.Essential
- Accountable to the unit Manager and/or the Director of the
- Adherence to identified nursing standards of practice.
- Annually demonstrates competence in critical behaviors for
- Displays professional commitment and supports the unit team by
promoting unity and teamwork among coworkers by maintaining a
positive attitude and positive working relationships.
- IV competency in IV therapy.
- Must demonstrate competency in medication administration and
knowledge prior to administering medications.
- Responsible for the planning, directing, implementation, and
evaluation of each patient. The implementation of nursing care may
be delegated by the RN responsible for the patient to other
licensed nursing staff, or may be assigned to unlicensed staff,
subject to any limitations to their licensure, certification, level
of competency, and/or regulation. The RN will direct care provided
by the LVN, CNA, nursing student, and/or logistics technician.
- Responsible for understanding and participating in the
organization-wide Performance Improvement Program through
orientation, education, departmental and interdepartmental quality
control, performance improvement, and quality planning
- Demonstrates the IRAISE values in all professional and patient
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager / Director /
Clinical Lead RN.Experience / Qualifications:
- A registered nurse with current RN experience in the specific
service or department is preferred.
- Current RN experience in assigned area of Nursing,
- One year acute care experience, preferred
- Possess basic computer skills, requiredHighest Education Level
Required:AssociatesHighest Education Level
Preferred:BachelorsRequired Degrees And Majors:Associates in
NursingOptional Degrees And Majors:Bachelors in Nursing
(Preferred)Required Licenses And Certificates:(Registered Nurse
ANDBasic Life Support)Optional Licenses And Certificates:Adv
Cardiac Life Support (Preferred)
Keywords: The Methodist Hospital of Southern California, Arcadia , Staff RN, 4N Respiratory Telemetry, FT Night, Healthcare , Arcadia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!