Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager
Company: Din Tai Fung
Posted on: January 25, 2023
DIN TAI FUNG RESTAURANTS
Job Title: Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager
Compensation: $110,000 - $150,000 annually - Depending on
Location: Remote position until further notice
Din Tai Fung is a Chinese restaurant specializing in Xiao Long Bao,
or steamed soup dumplings, each made by hand with our "Golden
Ratio" of 18 folds. Originally founded in Taiwan as a cooking oil
retail business in 1958, Din Tai Fung was reborn as a dumpling and
noodle restaurant in 1972. Since its founding, Din Tai Fung has
become world-renowned for its quality, standardization, and
service, and currently has over 170 locations worldwide, including
13 US locations in California, Washington, Oregon, and Nevada.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for
upholding the Company's food quality and presentation standards for
all production lines, and also responsible for policy, strategy and
testing methodology to meet regulatory authority compliance in
regard to the company products.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Enhance quality control measures and testing processes to make
sure every production batch meets our recipe and brand
- Create food safety SOPs for all goods flowing in and out of the
Central Kitchen (temperature monitoring, shelf life requirements,
product rotation, etc.).
- Create safety and training procedures around operating all
equipment and machinery
- Support R&D and testing of new Suppliers, specifications,
- Create product specification documents and Supplier
requirements for all raw materials.
- Align with other central kitchens and markets to promote
standardization across FSQA programs.
- Implement traceability measures to be able to track each
production batch back to each Supplier and/or farm's lot code.
- Design systems and operational changes to reduce risk of
- Work with key internal and external stakeholders on any product
recalls or withdrawals.
- Taking responsibility and being accountable for ensuring all
product lines are made in accordance with the company procedures,
food safety standards, labeling, and packaging requirements, and
- Monitoring the quality of all aspects of the product lines and
conducting routine quality assurance audits.
- Playing a customer-facing role as needed, interacting with
restaurant management for a variety of reasons, including product
runs, during audits, on conference calls, and while addressing
- Pioneering new systems, standard operating procedures, and
departmental policies to improve the quality control process.
- Leading improvements in product execution, reduced defect rate,
and production efficiency.
- Helping to relay new company policies to the Departments and
reinforce adherence to all company policies. Contributing to the
development of training material and process improvements for
- Establishing metrics and key performance indicators for
productivity, product release turnaround time, defect rate
mitigation, defect rate recovery, and compliance.
- Attending the weekly meeting with the Management Team to
address any quality matters, relay opportunities, and
- Facilitating efficient and effective meetings with quality
staff, ensuring all processes and procedures and other information
is reviewed for production.
- Discuss employee performance with the management team and
mentoring team members to constantly improve by setting positive
- Maintaining a work environment that is organized, efficient,
and in line with Din Tai Fung Core Values.
- Cleaning, organizing, and maintaining the working areas and all
- Lifting/moving boxes, bags, chairs, and tables (up to 50
- Maintaining confidentiality regarding all proprietary
information, including but not limited to recipes and Standard
Operating Procedures ("SOP's").
- Manager's Food Handler's Card
- All managers at Din Tai Fung Commissary Kitchen are required to
hold a manager's food handler certificate that is accepted by the
state. Please note that this is different from the conventional
food handler certificate that is required by all food service
- If you already hold this certificate, please upload a copy of
your certificate during the onboarding process. When you need to
renew it, please let HR know at least 60 days before the expiration
date, and the company will reimburse the fee for you. You can
submit the reimbursement request with the receipt to the Paycom
Employee Self-Service Portal Expense section.
- If you do not hold this certificate, please note that you are
required to submit it to Paycom within 30 days of your hire
- Please go to and enroll in the class. Once the class is
completed and you receive your certificate of completion, please
enroll for the exam. Once you pass the exam, you will receive a
copy of your Manager's Food Handler Certificate.
- Please upload the certificate to Paycom. The company will
reimburse the fee for you. You can submit the reimbursement request
with the receipt to Paycom Employee Self Service Portal Expense
- Up to date with food safety laws and regulations (OSHA, USDA,
- Experience supervising direct reports and conducting internal
or external FSQA audits
- Read, understand, and follow the Employee Handbook and all
company policies and procedures
- Strong organization skills and problem-solving skills
- Able to make simple math calculations
- Strong computer skills:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Able to write in a legible fashion simple correspondence
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate in a
one-on-one situation, be it with team members, vendors and/or
- Proper dress policy and non-slip shoes worn at all times
- Positive and Professional Attitude
- Frequently needs to work in wet or humid conditions, near
moving parts, in extreme non-weather heat, and in extreme
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, lift, use hands
and fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk and/or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and
the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds multiple times per day and
push a cart weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Constantly exposed to both hot and cold temperature conditions
- Must practice proper body mechanics and use appropriate
personal protective equipment to avoid injury:
- Cutting gloves when cutting
- Back support belt when lifting heavy items
- Goggles and long gloves when working with chemicals
- Other PPE as needed (if applicable)
- Follows all safety procedures, uses restaurant safety words
during all shifts, and asks for assistance as needed
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the
position. Employees will be required to perform any other
job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
SALARY FOR FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER: $110,000 -
$150,000 annually - Depending on Experience
LOCATION: Remote position until further notice. The Din Tai Fung
USA Corporate Office is located in Arcadia, CA.
BENEFITS FOR DISTRIBUTION MANAGER:
- Competitive Pay & Benefits
- Din Tai Fung provides 80% employer contribution for individuals
and 50% employer contribution for eligible dependents toward
medical insurance plans for all eligible employees.
- 401k Plan with company match
- Wellness & Health Reimbursements
- Employee Meal Discounts
- Opportunities for growth; we love promoting within!
Din Tai Fung is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the
Fair Chance Initiative. Potential applicants may be required to
submit to a background check and drug test as part of the
employment process. Din Tai Fung is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer - M/F/D/V
Applicant must be 18 years of age or older and able to provide
documentation to work in the United States legally. Offer
contingent on criminal background check.
Compensation: $110,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT DIN TAI FUNG
Din Tai Fung is a Chinese restaurant specializing in Xiao Long Bao,
or soup dumplings. Originally founded in Taiwan as a cooking oil
retail business in 1958, Din Tai Fung was reborn as a steamed
dumpling and noodle restaurant in 1972. Since its founding, Din Tai
Fung has become world-renowned for its quality, standardization and
service. The Hong Kong branch has been awarded a Michelin star five
times. Din Tai Fung currently has over 170 locations in 13
Keywords: Din Tai Fung, Arcadia , Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager, Executive , Arcadia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!