Safety and Security Director
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Overview:The Safety and Security Director works under the
general supervision of the General Manager and is responsible for
safety education, accident prevention, loss control and regulatory
compliance. Duties and responsibilities also include, but are not
limited to, coordinating the activities of on-the-job-injury and
light duty personnel, workers compensation and general liability
carriers; establishing and promoting the maintenance and safe,
accident free and healthy working environment to achieve
effectiveness for the company and ensure compliance with all
federal, state, local and company policies, procedures and
- Managing a Driver Safety Performance Review Program
- Implementing and managing an employee safety awards
- Working with the Maintenance and/or Facilities Manager to
implement facility safety program at each facility including the
CNG fuel stations, service lanes and fuel islands, parking areas,
wash areas, and maintenance shops.
- Respond to and investigate accidents/incidents to include
taking photos of accident/incident scene, interviewing involved
parties, and assisting with police reports.
- Accountable for timely accident/incident investigations that
involve company property, equipment and personnel.
- Formulates and enhances general safety policies, procedures and
practices to be followed and adhered to by company personnel in
compliance with Federal, state, local and company safety rules and
- Ensures compliance with all company, client, and Department of
Transportation regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures that all reporting and risk management tools are
up-to-date and correct at all times.
- Ensures contract compliance with all applicable federal, state,
local, and company regulations; ensures that related record keeping
and reporting requirements are met and maintained; provides support
in implementing the approved recommendations.
- Ensures that staff is adequately trained and understands and
executes on safety and security standards.
- Selects, hires, and trains qualified candidates for employment
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Makes recommendations to the General Manager for proactive
compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Department of
Transportation (DOT) and other federal, state, local and company
regulations, and Provides support in implementing the approved
- Accountable for ensuring that Cal OSHA, CHP, EPA and DOT record
keeping and reporting requirements are met and maintained.
- Conducts periodic, routine, scheduled and comprehensive
inspections of facilities, grounds and equipment in order to
identify any potential safety problems, and works with appropriate
personnel to ensure corrective action is activated if and when
- Ensures WebRisk reporting is thoroughly completed in a timely
- Attends and presents at client meeting as needed.
- Coordinates employee return to work with Claims and Subrogation
Specialist and Human Resource Department.
- Other duties as required.Qualifications:Education, Licensing,
and Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, plus two years
of college or university studies preferred
- Must possess a class B Commercial Driver's License with
Passenger endorsement a strong plus.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Preferred:
- TSSP-(Transit System Safety Professional) -USDOT / Bachelor's
degree or equivalent in Business, Public Administration or related
field required. Extensive Industry experience may substitute.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Familiarity with OSHA and EPA standards, and ADA
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Department of
Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier, and Federal Transportation
Administration rules and regulations.
- Ability to interpret and explain regulations to others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, providers
and make public presentations
- Drug testing and background check
- Testing related to job requirement
- Must be able to work flexible work schedules as needed.
- 60% - 70% of work is accomplished indoors and in air
conditioned or well-ventilated facilities
- Work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space
equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent
sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace Associated topics: countermeasure, loss
control, loss prevention, metal detection, monitor, public safety,
safety report, school, security officer, watchman
Keywords: transdevna, Arcadia , Safety and Security Director, Executive , Arcadia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!