KABC - Assignment Editor
Company: ABC Owned TV Stations
Posted on: May 12, 2022
ABC7 Los Angeles is seeking a full-time Assignment Editor to
join Southern California's News Leader. The right candidate for our
24/7 team should be a go-getter who wants to own breaking news
coverage and generate meaningful and exclusive content across our
various platforms. Responsibilities :
- This individual is a critical member of our news room whose
responsibilities involve assigning crews and reporters, planning
coverage and monitoring scanners.
- Gathering information about developing news stories
- Keeping the news room apprised of breaking news and changes in
- Actively identifying and generating high-impact stories that
reflect the diversity of our audience.Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum 2 years of middle to market experience
- We are looking for an organized team player who is proactive
and collaborates well with all station departments, as well as
reporters, photographers, digital news teams, newscast producers,
and newsroom managers.
- Must be social media savvy and excel in social
- Must be able to operate in a professional, ethical, and
empathetic manner in high pressure situations and be able to deal
calmly and effectively with viewers on the phone.
- Candidates are expected to be flexible, work weekends, early
morning shifts and holidays.
- Local news assignment desk or related experience required
- Knowledge of Southern California is a plus.Additional
Keywords: ABC Owned TV Stations, Arcadia , KABC - Assignment Editor, Advertising , Arcadia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!